Important Customer Information Regarding COVID-19
Safety is foundation value at VGS and that continues to hold true as we navigate our ‘new normal’ related to COVID-19, or Coronavirus. We want to take this opportunity to update you on our continued work to keep our customers, our team members and our communities safe.
Bottom line: we are prepared to serve you safely and reliably while our community is impacted by the virus. That means we have the resources to keep your homes and businesses warm and comfortable for as long as necessary.
What does this mean for you?
- As of November 23,2020, we are postponing non-urgent service work inside our customers’ homes and businesses. Our representatives will be reaching out to affected customers to reschedule this work. If it is necessary for our representatives to enter your home, we are taking all appropriate public health precautions. We ask for your patience with our questions and to please feel comfortable to ask questions or raise any concerns you may have. As always, if you think you smell gas, leave the premises immediately and call us right away at 1-800-639-8081
- If you have questions or concerns that can be addressed by email, please use the email message option on our website, VGSVT.com. This will allow our customer representatives to concentrate on urgent and emergency requests.
- Our construction, distribution and maintenance teams will also be out in the community performing their safety and maintenance duties. Help us help you: if you see us out and about, please remember to keep your distance of at least six feet and wear your mask.
- For the safety of our customers and employees, we will continue to restrict non-employee access to our building, including walk-in customers. We are accepting in-person payments through our outdoor dropbox at our South Burlington office. We apologize for any inconvenience. We encourage you to use one of the number of other ways for you to make a payment:
- Online payments: sign in at VGSVT.com
- Pay by phone: call our toll-free Automated Payment line at 1-833-378-4331
- Pay cash at CVS Pharmacy locations – bring your VGS bill to have barcode scanned or call Customer Care at 802-863-4511 to have a barcode texted or emailed to you
- Pay by Mail
Payment Processing Center
PO Box 1336, Williston, VT 05495-1336
- If you have questions or concerns that can be addressed by email, please use the email message option firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Did your household suffer economic hardship from COVID-19? The Vermont COVID-19 Arrearage Assistance Program can help eligible Vermont utility customers with unpaid past due balances that put you at risk for disconnection. The past due balance must be more than 60 days old for service provided after March 1, 2020. Apply for help online at https://publicservice.vermont.gov/ or at your local community action agency.
- For folks interested in VGS energy services: there may be virtual options we can consider. Please reach out to email@example.com this is something that interests you.
- Our sales and marketing teams can also work with folks interested in signing up for our services. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for to speak to one of our sales representatives.
We continue to monitor the situation closely and in real time. We are prepared to adjust our response as events unfold. We anticipate challenges along the way, of course. Our aim is to anticipate, mitigate and resolve issues efficiently, effectively and proactively, whenever we can.
VGS Public Utility Commission Updates