Who We Are
Safe, clean, affordable and reliable energy choices.
We are northwest Vermont’s integrated energy services company. We offer customers clean, affordable and reliable thermal energy service, award-winning energy efficiency programs, home and business energy equipment service and maintenance, and a first-in-the-nation renewable option for families and businesses.
We serve over 55,000 families and businesses in Franklin, Chittenden and Addison Counties and are a strong partner in Vermont’s clean energy future. Every customer who converts their home to natural gas from oil reduces home heating carbon by 23%. Our award-winning efficiency programs further reduce energy use and emissions and save our customers $14 million per year – that’s real money that can be invested in jobs, education, health care, families and communities.
Our dedicated team of 131 Vermonters is committed to our customers, our communities, our culture and our climate.
Cleaner choices today for a brighter future tomorrow.
- We deliver safe, reliable and affordable energy.
- We support our community and provide the very best customer service
- We make it easy for customers – we listen and respond to customers’ needs.
- We work with great partners to create inspiring opportunities.
- We are laser focused on safety.
- We work as a team with integrity, respect and trust.
- We promote a positive work environment that values individual and team growth.
- We are modern and nimble, encouraging creative thinking and new ideas.
- We are committed to Vermont’s clean energy future.
- We are passionate about embracing innovation to reduce emissions.
- We are proud to deliver award winning energy efficiency services.
VGS’s Code of Ethics and Conduct is about doing the right thing – acting with integrity, treating each other with respect, and following the law. Together, we share a commitment to high standards of integrity which help us provide outstanding services to customers, hire great people, and conduct business with the knowledge that it matters to those we impact. In living up to this commitment, we expect each and every one of our employees, directors, and officers to conduct themselves with the highest degree of performance, professionalism and ethical conduct when performing their duties and responsibilities with VGS.
VGS is committed to fostering an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and just for all. We enrich our communities, employees, customers and state when we welcome diverse perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of all kinds. We know that a statement outlining our commitment to end racial injustice and advance equity at VGS is only the first step. We must take bold actions in everything we do for both employees and customers, including examining and changing our policies, programs, hiring practices and Company culture, to dismantle systems of oppression that continue to exist in our society.