Like other Vermonters who help their neighbors through cold winters, we want to help our neighbors stay warm. At VGS we provide resources that help the customers who need it most.

Starting January 1, 2022, VGS will offer qualifying single-family homeowners an incentive to cover 75 percent of comprehensive weatherization project costs up to $5,000. VGS customers with household income between 80 and 120 percent of Vermont’s area median income will be eligible for these newly expanded weatherization rebates.

We work with Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity (CVOEO) to provide assistance with energy-efficiency improvements for qualifying low income Vermont Gas customers. These CVOEO Weatherization services are available at no cost to households who qualify. If you qualify, an energy audit of your home will be performed and, based on the findings of the audit, steps will be taken to make your home more comfortable and less expensive to heat. For more information and to find out if you qualify, please call CVOEO Weatherization at 1-800-545-1084 or visit the website here.

The Low Income Assistance Program provides a 20% discount on natural gas bills for qualified residential customers. To qualify, your household income must be less than 185% of the Federal poverty level. For example, the qualifying level for a family of 3 is monthly household income of $3,219 or less (add or subtract $681 per person for larger or smaller households). Eligibility is determined by the Vermont Department for Children and Families (DCF). For an application or additional information about eligibility, call the DCF Energy Assistance Office at 1-800-775-0516 or visit their website at

Since 1986, Vermonters have been helping other Vermonters get through heating crises in emergency situations with the WARMTH Support Program. Your donations are distributed to participating Community Action Agencies, which provide counseling and referral services and administer WARMTH funds, making sure that every dollar you contribute goes directly to a Vermonter in need. You can help by making a tax-deductible donation of any amount through CVOEO or you can set up a recurring donation on your Vermont Gas bill. Call us at 802-863-4511, ext. 250 or mail the WARMTH form with your donation to: WARMTH, CVOEO, P.O. Box 1603, Burlington, VT 05402.

Vermonters who experience a financial crisis during the winter months may get help paying their utility bills. Call Community Action at 802-863-6248 in Burlington or 802-527-7392 in St. Albans.